Lane Closure Report for the Week of 8/5/2019 – 8/9/2019
Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the highway, to Be Work Zone Alert and Move Over where possible. The scheduled lane closures for the week of August 5 through August 9 are:
Southbound Long Valley Thin Blanket Project – On US Highway 395, from 1.3 miles south of South Landing Road overcrossing to the junction of US Highway 395 & State Route 203, crews will beplacing a new asphalt surface on the roadbed. Traffic is advised to reduce speed through the construction zone. There are weekday lane and shoulder closures but no anticipated delays.
Conway Guardrail Project – On US Highway 395, 6 miles south of Bridgeport to State Route 270, crews are reconstructing the guardrail system along this stretch of the highway. Traffic will encounter lane and shoulder closures with no anticipated delays, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Aspen/Walker Shoulder Project – On US Highway 395, from the junction of State Route 108 to 2 miles north of State Route 108, construction crews are widening the highway. Traffic may encounter up to 30-minute delays as vehicles are piloted through the active work zone, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Wednesday, August 7 and Friday, August 9 traffic will be piloted through the construction site beginning at 2:30 am
· Chalfant Two-Way Left Turn Lane Project – On US Highway 6 in Chalfant (12 miles north of Bishop), crews are widening the highway and adding a two-way left turn lane from Hunter Avenue to just north of Brown Subdivision Road. Traffic will encounter lane closures with a flagger directing traffic with delays no longer than 20 minutes Monday through Thursday, from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm, and Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
· South Lone Pine CAPM Project – On US Highway 395, in Lone Pine crews are placing a new asphalt surface to extend the life of the pavement. On weekdays during daylight hours, traffic may encounter various lane closures.
· Walker Pass Thin Blanket Project – Construction crews are removing the existing pavement and placing a new asphalt surface to extend the life of the roadbed. This project has two locations with work occurring: Monday through Wednesday, crews will be working on US Highway 395 just north of the junction of State Route 178 to just south of the junction at State Route 14. Southbound traffic will encounter a detour and northbound traffic will be piloted through the construction area. Thursday and Friday, crews will be working on State Route 178, 12.1 miles west of Inyokern. Travelers will encounter lane closures with flaggers directing traffic. The maximum delay should be no longer than 20 minutes. Construction work hours are Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 4:00 pm and Friday 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
· Cache Creek Bridge Replacement Project - On State Route 58, 5 miles east of Tehachapi. This project will replace two, two-lane Cache Creek bridges. There will be lane closures with a slight detour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Summit OH Bridge Rail Project - On State Route 58, near Tehachapi on the east Tehachapi Boulevard overcrossing bridges, crews are replacing the bridge rails. There are lane closures with a slight detour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Work schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.