BISHOP SUNLAND DRIVE CLOSURE RECONFIGURATION OF U.S. HWY 395
BISHOP — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to inform the traveling public of maintenance work on U.S. Hwy 395 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 29th and Thursday, August 30th.
This closure is subject to a vote by the Inyo County Board of Supervisors early next week.
Inyo County will be permanently closing a short section of Sunland Drive, from U.S. Hwy 395 to Gerkin Road. Caltrans will grind and restripe U.S. Hwy 395 as a through roadway, removing the turn pocket lanes to close Sunland Drive at the highway. Delays will be minimal with alternating lanes open during this project.
The traveling public is advised to drastically slow down and proceed with caution. The safety of our crews is very important. Inattentiveness on the road can have tragic consequences.
Lane Closure Report for the week of 8/27/18 – 8/31/18
Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the Highway, to Slow for the Cone Zone and Move Over where possible. The scheduled lane closures for the week of August 27th through August 31st are as follows:
- Walker Canyon Cold In Place Recycle (CIR) Project – On US Highway 395 near Walker from State Route 108 to Eastside Lane. Construction crews are repairing the highway to extend the life of the pavement. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 30 minutes, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Sheep Ranch Shoulders Project - On US Highway 395 near Bridgeport from Buckeye Road to 2.9 miles south of Swauger Canyon. Construction crews are widening the highway and installing slope nets and retaining walls. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 30 minutes, Monday & Tuesday only this week, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Fridays, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Virginia Lakes Turn Pocket Project - On northbound US Highway 395 12 miles north of Lee Vining. Construction crews will be creating a left turn pocket to Virginia Lake Road and a new access road to the Conway Cinder Shed. There will be one lane closed northbound that should not delay traffic, Monday through Thursday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Lee Vining Rockfall Project - On US Highway 395 north of Lee Vining. Crews will be watering the landscape. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Bishop ADA Project –On State Route 168 west (aka Line Street) between Main Street and Sunland Drive and on US Highway 395 between Lagoon Street and Church Street, construction crews are repaving driveways, and replacing portions of curb and gutters. Crews will be working various hours. Traffic will encounter lane closures with a slight detour but no delays.
- North See Vee Signal Project – On US Highway 395 at the junction of See Vee Lane north of Bishop. Construction crews are installing signals, curb and gutter, and ADA compliant sidewalks. Construction is currently in suspension.
- McNally Shoulders Project – On US Highway 6 from north of Silver Canyon Road to North of Pumice Mill Road, construction crews are widening the highway. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Blackrock CAPM Project – On US Highway 395 near Independence from Fort Independence Road to Elna Road construction crews will be conducting striping operations. Watch for moving lane closures Monday thru Friday, 6:00 am to 8:00 pm in one of traffic.
- Inyo AR US 395 Chip Seal Project – On US Highway 395 in Inyo County near Olancha, from Haiwee Canyon Road to the Los Angeles Aqueduct Bridge (postmile 25.8 – 31.3), and from ½ mile south of Ash Creek Bridge to 1.6 miles north of Cottonwood Creek Bridge (postmile 41.4 – 45.5). Construction crews will be conducting striping operations as part of the chip seal on the highway to extend the life of the pavement. There will be daily lane closures on one lane of traffic that should not impact traffic, Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 8:30 pm, and Friday 6:00 am to 3:00 pm to perform final striping operations.
- No Construction in Kern County this week.
San Bernardino County:
- US Hwy 395 Shoulder Widening – In San Bernardino County on US 395 from 6.9 miles south of Kramer Junction to Kramer Junction. Construction crews are constructing a 4-foot median buffer, widening the existing shoulders to 8 feet, and installing rumble strips on the centerline and shoulders. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic.
- Kramer Junction Expressway Project – In San Bernardino County on State Route 58. The project realigns and widens 13 miles of SR-58, builds a new SR-58 & US Highway 395 Interchange, and one railroad grade separation. The majority of the construction activity continues to be away from the current SR-58 Expressway. For more information about this project visit: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist8/Project-SR-58-Kramer-Junction-Expressway.html
For the latest highway information please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).