Lane Closure Report for the week of 8/20/18 – 8/24/18
Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the Highway, to Slow for the Cone Zone and Move Over where possible. The scheduled lane closures for the week of August 20th through August 24th are as follows:
- Walker Canyon Cold In Place Recycle (CIR) Project – On US Highway 395 near Walker from State Route 108 to Eastside Lane. Construction crews are repairing the highway to extend the life of the pavement. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 30 minutes, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Fridays, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Sheep Ranch Shoulders Project - On US Highway 395 near Bridgeport from Buckeye Road to 2.9 miles south of Swauger Canyon. Construction crews are widening the highway and installing slope nets and retaining walls. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 30 minutes, Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Fridays, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Virginia Lakes Turn Pocket Project - On northbound US Highway 395 12 miles north of Lee Vining. Construction crews will be creating a left turn pocket to Virginia Lake Road and a new access road to the Conway Cinder Shed. There will be one lane closed northbound that should not delay traffic, Monday through Thursday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Sherwin Grade & Conway US 395 Chip Seal Project – On US Highway 395 in Mono County south of Tom’s Place (postmile 6.9 – 9.9) and near Virginia Lakes Road (postmile 63.9 – 65.1). This is a SB1 project (Your tax dollars at work!). Construction crews are placing a chip seal on the highway to extend the life of the pavement. There will be daily lane closures on one lane of traffic that should not impact traffic, Monday and Tuesday 6:00 am to 8:30 pm to perform final striping operations
- McNally Shoulders Project – On US Highway 6 from north of Silver Canyon Road to North of Pumice Mill Road, construction crews are widening the highway. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Bishop ADA Project –On State Route 168 west (aka Line Street) between Fulton Street and Sunland Drive and on the corner of US Hwy 395 and State Route 168 east, construction crews are replacing curbs, driveways and sidewalks to create ADA compliant sidewalks. Crews will be working Sunday through Thursday during the night from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am the next morning. Traffic will encounter lane closures with a slight detour but no delays on State Route 168 west. State Route 168 east will be closed to east bound traffic between US Hwy 395 and Whitney Alley nightly from 7:00 pm to 6:00 ambeginning on Sunday, August 12th.
- North See Vee Signal Project – On US Highway 395 at the junction of See Vee Lane north of Bishop. Construction crews are installing signals, curb and gutter, and ADA compliant sidewalks. Construction is currently in suspension.
- Blackrock CAPM Project – On US Highway 395 near Independence from Fort Independence Road to Elna Road construction crews will be conducting striping operations. Watch for moving lane closuresMonday thru Friday, 6:00 am to 8:00 pm in one of traffic.
- Inyo AR US 395 Chip Seal Project – On US Highway 395 in Inyo County near Olancha, from Haiwee Canyon Road to the Los Angeles Aqueduct Bridge (postmile 25.8 – 31.3), and from ½ mile south of Ash Creek Bridge to 1.6 miles north of Cottonwood Creek Bridge (postmile 41.4 – 45.5). Construction crews will be conducting striping operations as part of the chip seal on the highway to extend the life of the pavement. There will be daily lane closures on one lane of traffic that should not impact traffic, Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 8:30 pm, and Friday 6:00 am to 3:00 pm to perform final striping operations.
- Kern AR Chip Seal Pavement Project SR178– On State Route 178 between Kelso Valley Road and 5.0 miles east of Chimney Peak Road construction crews will be striping the highway. There will be daily moving closures on one lane of traffic Monday through Wednesday 5:00 am to 8:00 pm.
San Bernardino County:
- US Hwy 395 Shoulder Widening – In San Bernardino County on US 395 from 6.9 miles south of Kramer Junction to Kramer Junction. Construction crews are constructing a 4-foot median buffer, widening the existing shoulders to 8 feet, and installing rumble strips on the centerline and shoulders. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic.
- Kramer Junction Expressway Project – In San Bernardino County on State Route 58. The project realigns and widens 13 miles of SR-58, builds a new SR-58 & US Highway 395 Interchange, and one railroad grade separation. The majority of the construction activity continues to be away from the current SR-58 Expressway. For more information about this project visit: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist8/Project-SR-58-Kramer-Junction-Expressway.html
Work schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
SB 1 provides an ongoing funding increase of approximately $1.8 billion annually for the maintenance and rehabilitation of the state highway system. SB 1 funds will enable Caltrans to fix more than 17,000 lane miles of pavement, 500 bridges and 55,000 culverts by 2027. To learn more about SB1 please visit: http://rebuildingca.ca.gov/overview.html.