Summer Reading at Inyo County Free Library
The Inyo County Free Library invites young readers to join our 2018 Summer Reading program, Reading Takes You Everywhere! This year we’ll explore some of the places reading can take us – around the world, the oceans and seas, outer space, and into our own imaginations. Programs will be offered by library branches as follows, excluding the week of July 4.
- The Bishop Library at 210 Academy Avenue (760-873-5115) will offer Toddler & Preschool Story Time at 11:00 a.m. and an Elementary Readers program at 2:00 p.m. on Fridays, June 22 - July 27. Registrations are being accepted now for these programs.
- The Big Pine Library at 500 S. Main Street (760-938-2420) will offer a program for all ages at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays, June 20 - July 25.
- The Independence Library (760-878-0260) will offer a program for all ages at Owens Valley High School, 202 S. Clay Street, at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, June 27 - August 1.
- The Lone Pine Library at the corner of Washington and Bush Streets (760-876-5031) will offer a program for all ages at 1:00 p.m. on Thursdays, June 21 - July 26.
- And the Furnace Creek Library in Death Valley (760-786-2408) will celebrate Summer Reading from June 13 through July 28, with Story Times at 10:00 a.m. on June 23 & July 14.
At participating branches Independent Readers (grades 5 and up suggested) can pick up a packet during the first week of the program, track their reading, play Book Bingo, and compete for prizes. Call or stop by your local library branch for more information.