U.S. HWY 6 IS OPEN TO THROUGH TRAFFIC
BISHOP— The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has reopened U.S. Hwy 6 just north of Bishop at 9:00 a.m. this morning. The highway was closed due to a wildfire that began in Pleasant Valley.
The wildfire has consumed 2800 acres and is 0 percent contained. Residents evacuated may be able to return to their homes by noon today.
For the latest in highway information please visit Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.ca.gov or call our Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD(7623).
CLOSURE OF RAMPS ON STATE ROUTE 14 IN ROSAMOND
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST FOR MAINTENANCE
ROSAMOND – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has scheduled maintenance work on and around the Rosamond Boulevard Exit on Wednesday, February 21st from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The work being done will alter traffic patterns on Rosamond Boulevard for the public’s safety. Extra care and attention should be given while negotiating the new traffic patterns.
Southbound State Route 14
- The # 2 lane, shoulder and southbound off-ramp on State Route 14, Rosamond Boulevard Exit will be closed.
- Two detours are available for southbound traffic
- Exit prior to Rosamond Boulevard at Dawn Road
- Or, exit the freeway past Rosamond Boulevard, exit at Avenue A, head east (left) to 20th St. W, then north (left) to Rosamond Boulevard
- The southbound on-ramps will remain open.
Northbound State Route 14
- Both northbound Rosamond on and off-ramps will be closed.
- Northbound on-ramp traffic at Rosamond Boulevard will be detoured to westbound Rosamond Boulevard, north (right) onto the Frontage Road then east (right) to Dawn Road on-ramp
- Northbound off-ramp traffic will be detoured to
- Exit at Avenue A, head east (right), to 20th Street W, then north (left) to Rosamond Boulevard
- Or, at Dawn Road, head west to 20th Street W/ Frontage Road then south (left) to Rosamond Boulevard
- East and westbound traffic over the Rosamond Overpass will be open with minimal traffic delays possible throughout the day.