SEASONAL PASS OPENING STATUS
Bishop – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 9 continues to work on clearing snow, removing rocks, and repairing its eight highways with seasonal closures. As work progresses, pedestrians, bicyclists, skiers, etc. are advised to stay out of these areas. Safety is our number one priority, for the public as well as Caltrans’ workers.
This is the District 9 Seasonal Pass Status as of Thursday, June 8, 2017:
State Route 108 – Sonora Pass
Crews have reached the summit but continue to remove snow and repair the highway. Route reopening is scheduled for Friday, June 9th at noon, but is subject to current weather conditions.
State Route 120 West – Tioga Pass (from the Junction of US 395 to the Yosemite National Park Gate)
Caltrans crews have cleared snow on State Route 120 west to the top of the pass and met up with Yosemite National Park road crews who are clearing snow from Tioga Road inside the park. Work continues with removing snow from the shoulders, road repair and rock removal. Extensive damage occurred to guardrail from the heavy snow and requires repair before the highway can be safely opened to the traveling public. There is no estimated date for reopening the highway at this time.
- State Route 203 - From the Mammoth Mountain Parking Lot to Minaret Vista
- Snow removal will begin on June 12, 2017. There is no estimated date for reopening the highway at this time.
- State Route 270 – Bodie Road – Opened May 15, 2017
- State Route 89 – Monitor Pass – Opened May 8, 2017
- State Route 168 West – Bishop Creek – Opened April 24, 2017
- State Route 120 East – Mono Mills – Opened April 14, 2017
- State Route 158 – June Lake Loop – Opened April 14, 2017
All information is subject to change due to weather conditions.
For the latest highway information please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
For the safety of workers and other motorists, Be Work Zone Alert and Move Over where possible.