SEASONAL PASS UPDATE
BISHOP — California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is assessing the status of each of the Inyo/Mono seasonal passes for closing, winter closing, open or reopening. The passes have snow, rocks and debris removal work and possible repair that must be completed to ensure the traveling public’s safety prior to reopening.
This is the District 9 Seasonal Pass Status as of Friday, December 8, 2017:
- State Route 89 (Monitor Pass) is open at this time.
- State Route 108 (Sonora Pass) has been closed for the winter.
- State Route 120 West (Tioga Pass) has been closed for the winter.
- State Route 120 East is open at this time.
- State Route 158 is open at this time.
- State Route 168 West (Bishop Creek) has been closed for the winter.
- State Route 207 (Bodie) is open at this time.
Several factors weigh in to influence the temporary closing, opening and seasonal closures of our pass roadways. Storms, accumulation of snow, and road conditions are all considered in the decision-making process by Caltrans leadership. In the case of State Route 120, Yosemite National Park, leadership confers with Caltrans to coordinate closure of park entrance gates as well as Caltrans gates. For the safety of motorists and Caltrans crews, continual updating of these passes will be assessed until the seasonal closure of each is decided.
For the latest highway information please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
# For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Be Work Zone Alert.