Lane Closure Report for the week of 11/27/17 – 12/1/17
Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the Highway, to Slow for the Cone Zone and Move Over where possible. The scheduled lane closures for the week of November 27th through December 1st, 2017 are as follows:
- Walker CAPM Project – On US Highway 395 from Walker to the Nevada State line, construction crews are completing work on the highway. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Mammoth Lakes Sidewalk & Safety Project – On State Route 203 in Mammoth Lakes between Minaret Road and Mountain Boulevard crews are finishing constructing a retaining wall, lighting, and the bus stop. The project will then go into a winter suspension and the sidewalks on the north side will be completed next construction season.
There will be daily lane closures that should not impact traffic. Construction is Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- 168 Delineator Project – In Inyo and Mono Counties on State Route 168. Crews are removing and installing delineators. Delineators are roadside posts used to indicate the roadway alignment and curves to assist drivers while traveling along the highway.
- Amargosa Culverts Project - On State Route 127, 7 miles north of Shoshone at various locations from 5.8 miles to 14.6 miles north of the junction of State Route 178. There will be daily lane closures with one way traffic control that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from6:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Freeman Gulch 4-Lane Project - On State Route 14 north of the junction of State Route 178, construction crews are converting the 2-lane highway into a 4-lane expressway. Over the past 3 months, construction crews have completed partial construction of the northbound lanes. Weather permitting, over the next few months the contractor should move another 200,000 cubic yards of dirt and place a combination of various asphalt applications to complete the 4-lane expressway. There may be lane closures on State Route 14 that could delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Mojave Bridge Deck Seals Project – At 3 locations on State Route 14 construction crews will treat four bridge decks with a sealer for the purpose of preserving the concrete bridge deck by sealing cracks and sealing the deck against chemical damage. There may be short lane closures that will slow down traveling through this sections. The bridge at the junction of Rosamond Blvd and SR 14 will have night time closures. Construction should be complete by the end of November 2018.
Work is scheduled to begin as listed, but is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials and construction related issues.
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please slow down and be WORK ZONE ALERT