Lane Closure Report for the week of 10/30/17 – 11/3/17
Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to alert the traveling public to be careful of workers on the Highway, to Slow for the Cone Zone and Move Over where possible. The scheduled lane closures for the week of October 30th through November 3rd, 2017 are as follows:
· Mammoth Lakes Sidewalk & Safety Project – On State Route 203 in Mammoth Lakes between Minaret Road and Mountain Boulevard crews are constructing sidewalks on the north side.
There will be daily lane closures that should not impact traffic. Construction is Monday thru Thursday
· 168 Delineator Project – In Inyo and Mono Counties on State Route 168. Crews are removing and installing delineators. Delineators are roadside posts used to indicate the roadway alignment and curves to assist drivers while traveling along the highway.
· Census Loops Project – In Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern counties at various locations, crews will be removing, installing and/or upgrading traffic count loops (also known as census loops). Traffic counts are necessary for Caltrans to track traffic flow, evaluate traffic trends, and compute accident rates to assist in the planning and design of existing highways.
· Crystal Geyser Water Plant Project - On US Highway 395 north of Olancha, construction crews are widening the highway. There will be daily lane closures that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
· Freeman Gulch 4-Lane Project - On State Route 14 north of the junction of State Route 178, construction crews are converting the 2-lane highway into a 4-lane expressway. Travelers will encounter a dirt detour off of State Route 178 east of the intersection with State Route 14. There will be daily lane closures on State Route 14 that may delay traffic up to 20 minutes Monday thru Thursday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Friday from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
· Tehachapi CAPM Project - On State Route 58 near Tehachapi from the Tehachapi Creek Bridge to the Cache Creek Bridge, construction crews are grinding the existing pavement and resurfacing the roadbed. There will be daily lane closures that will slow down traveling through this section. Lane closures are Monday – Friday, 24 hours a day.